Sunday, May 5, 2019

MICHEL GILIBERTI

By MICHEL GILIBERTI

Michel Giliberti was born on February 1950 in Tunisia. French artist, painter and photograph, he defines the art as a continuity of his childhood. The classics that marked this fundamental time in his life remain “The raft of Medusa”, “Dante and Virgil in Hell” and “Mona Lisa” bringing to light his esthetic approach for delving into topics of social, psychoanalytical and political nature.
I happen to paint or photograph a face from time to time with no other desire but to unveil its perfection. Yet, I take advantage to give this portrait the oriental charm of the people and of my native land. Both introverted and extroverted, I try to reconcile these two aspects that feed my artistic approach. I like it when the public finds the creative emotions that these models aroused in me when they abandon their part of shadow and fragility, in a rare instant of confidence.
Therefore, I must unveil, dare, lay bare and capture an expression and seize a gesture, because nothing is more beautiful than eyes that promise, hands that accept and lips that testify. For me, the most sumptuous landscapes of the world will never equal the curve of a cheek, the arc of a brow, or the grace of a neck. No harbor, no lagoon can make a heart beat like a trembling shoulder, a finger wiping away a teardrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment