Thursday, July 1, 2021

PETER FLINSCH

PETER FLINSCH

Although Flinsch is now a Canadian citizen, he was born in 1920 into a well-to-do upper-bourgeois family whose home was Leipzig, Germany. Educated at liberal, private boarding schools, he served during World War II in the German air force. It was not a happy experience. In 1942 he was accused of homosexual behavior by a sergeant who disliked him. "I hadn't done what I was accused of," Flinsch says, "but I knew I was gay and admitted I had gay feelings during my court-martial. It was quite enough for the military court to find me guilty." When he was 35, he settled in Montreal where he joined the newly formed television services of Radio-Canada as a designer and art director. He worked on a great diversity of television programs and created designs for children's shows, operas, dramas, weekly series and variety shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment